Traditionally, WWE at the end of October will share their financial successes for the third quarter of 2020. Statistics increased in all indicators compared to the same quarter of the previous year. All further comparisons concern only these two quarters.
• Revenue of $ 221.6 million, up 19% year-over-year;
• Operating profit amounted to $ 63.4 million, which is exactly 57 million more than in the previous year;
• Adjusted OIBDA increased from 58.9 million to 84.3 million dollars;
• The average number of paying subscribers to WWE Network was 1.6 million, an increase of 6%;
• The number of views of various videos increased by 3% to 9.2 billion, and the number of hours spent on digital platforms and social networks increased by 3% to 342 million;
• E-commerce revenues were $ 9.1 million, up 60%, offsetting the loss in merchandise sales in arenas due to fewer events (74 fewer shows) this quarter. CEO Vince McMahon commented on the results as follows: “Our financial results in the third quarter were strong and reflected our continued creativity in a challenging environment. We continue to adapt our business, as evidenced by the creation of WWE ThunderDome, with a focus on increasing audience engagement and engagement to maintain the value of our content globally. “
It is known who had to hide behind the Scream’s mask; Cause of the second outbreak of COVID-19 at the training center
As we reported, there was another COVID-19 outbreak at the WWE Prep Center last week, which made some adjustments to the NXT Halloween Havoc festive episode. Dave Meltzer said that the person who was first diagnosed with COVID-19 is a trainer of the training center. Everyone who trained at the center’s gym last Friday has been quarantined. Quite a few TV stars were in that room and none of them tested positive. It is added that Indy Hartwell was supposed to be the mysterious person who intervened in the matches of Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRay at NXT Halloween Havoc, but she just went to a two-week quarantine, and therefore someone else was under the mask. However, this does not mean that the idea of cooperation between Gargano, Candice and Hartwell was discarded.