The President of UFC, Dana white, commented on information that the drunk man who last Friday arranged shooting near a bar in San Antonio, Texas, probably is the fighter of the largest MMA promotion.
“I found out about it this morning, and I really hope it’s not true,” the organization’s chief Executive said at a press conference after the UFC on ESPN 10 tournament. “in fact, I hear stories like this all the time. You have no idea how many bald guys are walking around the city pretending to be me. If I told you some stories, you would be very surprised. So I hope this is a case from the same series».
On Friday evening, a drunk man who was not allowed to enter the bar because of heavy alcohol intoxication, took a gun from his car and opened fire, wounding eight people, including five women and three men, however, none of the injuries were fatal.
Before opening fire, the man claimed to be a UFC fighter from California, outraged by the fact that he was not recognized. The criminal, who was accompanied by several friends, managed to escape before the police arrived, and his identity has not yet been established.
Rafael DOS Anjos has challenged Conor McGregor
The former UFC lightweight champion, Rafael DOS Anos, is ready to complete the business started four years ago.
“Let’s do it, Conor McGregor!” the Brazilian tweeted. “If you’re looking for a fight, I’m the one you need. Light weight, intermediate, Welterweight – you know, I’m always in the game. To hell with this de* * o about resigning».
Note that the fighters were twice close to making their fight a reality.
In March 2016, Rafael DOS Anos was scheduled to defend the UFC lightweight title against Conor McGregor, however, two weeks before the event, he was injured and was replaced by Nate Diaz, who at UFC 196 staged a loud upset, finishing the Irishman in the second round.
In 2018, the fight for the interim UFC Welterweight title between Rafael DOS Anos and Conor McGregor was supposed to be the main event of the UFC 224 tournament in Rio de Janeiro, but the Irishman’s attack on a bus with UFC fighters in Brooklyn forced the organization to abandon this plan.
Last week, Conor McGregor once again announced his retirement, explaining his decision by saying that the UFC does not want to organize a fight for the interim lightweight title against Justin Gaitzhi, and he does not see other worthy rivals.